From:   ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]  On
Behalf Of Lisa keenan
Sent:   Thursday, November 09, 2000 2:10 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        effects of unknown provenance (stolen artwork) on the field of
museum librarianship

Hi!
I am a grad student trying to write a short (8-10 page) "literature review"
paper on the topic of how museum librarianship has been affected by the
recent controversy over stolen artwork from WW II. I need to find journal
articles on this topic and have been having a difficult time.  There are
plenty of articles about stolen artwork and the controversy over provenance
but I can't seem to find any that relate it specifically to the difficulties
it raises for museum and/or Art librarians. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated!
Lisa Keenan
U. of Pittsburgh