Hello everyone,
FYI - I just wanted to renew the subscription to Artnet.com, the auction database online. Up to now we paid $29.95 per month, but they just changed their price schedule. It is:  $29.95 for 9 searches, $79.95 for 29 searches and a hefty $3,000.00 for a one year subscription with unlimited usage.
I think artnet.com is a very good auction database mostly for two-dimensional work of art, and they keep the auction records up-to-date (in contrast to Artfact). But $3,000.00 is a very steep price for a (museum) library.  I asked them if they could maybe find an alternative yearly subscription rate for art libraries. They will investigate and will inquire if they could come up with a different rate. I will let you know as soon as I find out.

There is icollector, but they do not have the newest records listed, only from 1987 - 1997. We have a subscription to Artfact, but they do not keep the auction records up-to-date, either(no  records of the year 2000 are in their  database yet.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Maybe I have to find a nice rich collector who will give the library a nice Christmas present donation of $3,000.00.

Ursula Kolmstetter

Ursula Kolmstetter
Head Librarian, Stout Reference Library
Indianapolis Museum of Art