Forwarded from the NINCH list.

NINCH-ANNOUNCE <[log in to unmask]> 10/18/00 10:54AM
NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
from across the Community
October 18, 2000

                UK's PERFORMING ARTS DATA SERVICE PUBLISHES
     Guide to Good Practice - Creating Digital Performance Resources
                      http://www.pads.ahds.ac.uk/

Subject: Guide to Good Practice - Creating Digital Performance Resources
From: Liz Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

-- Begin Forwarded Message ---

Dear Friends

The PADS is delighted to announce that the final version of the PADS Guide to Good Practice - Creating Digital Performance Resources is now available from our site at:

http://www.pads.ahds.ac.uk/

Contents of the Guide:

1. Introduction
Dramatic Forays into IT: working computers with a broom handle
Barry Smith

2. Digital Resources In Performance Studies
How to design, build and maintain a database-powered web site
Barry Russell

Creating a multipurpose research tool for the study of King Lear
Christie Carson

Approaches to building digital archives
Barry Smith

Developing an e-journal: `Sound Journal'
Alan Beck

Teaching and Learning Applications:  `Digital Dialogues'
David Hughes

3. Digital Resources In Performance Practice
  I.T. and the Audio-Visual Theatre Essay
Steve Dixon

Internet-based Live Performance Work
Sophia Lycouris

4. Glossary

The PADS gratefully acknowledges the work of all the contributors to the Guide and especially that of Professor Barry Smith, Editor of
this volume.  A printed version published by Oxbow Books will be
available later this year.

The next PADS Guide to Good Practice - Creating Digital Audio
Resources will be available from the PADS site in December 2000.

Catherine Owen
Manager
Performing Arts Data Service
Department of Theatre, Film and Television Studies
University of Glasgow
G12 8QQ
0141 330 4357
http://www.pads.ahds.ac.uk
--- End Forwarded Message ---

NINCH-Announce is an announcement listserv, produced by the National Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage (NINCH). The subjects of announcements are not the projects of NINCH, unless otherwise noted; neither does NINCH necessarily endorse the subjects of announcements. We attempt to credit all re-distributed news and announcements and appreciate reciprocal credit.

For questions, comments or requests to un-subscribe, contact the editor: mailto:[log in to unmask]

See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/