There are also articles from art journals available from Infotrac's Expanded
Academic Index, and they include graphics in color and b/w (at least they do
for Art Bulletin). Infotrac EAI includes African Art, Art Bulletin, Art
History, Art in America, Art Journal, Artforum, ARTnews, Journal of
Aesthetics and Art Criticism, and some others which I didn't make a note of
in my library research guide. The list of titles covered in the Infotrac
database can be found at
http://www.galegroup.com/servlet/HTMLFileServlet?region=7&imprint=000&fileName=c

Dow Jones Interactive is mostly business, but it does include a lot of
things you might not expect among its 6000 periodicals. There a quite few
related to advertising, and if you look at its "Media & Entertainment
Industry" list you see things like Art in America, Communication Arts,
Print, and quite a few film periodicals. I don't think graphics are
included, however.

One of our biggest problems is how to let our patrons know we do have the
*contents* of these periodicals even if we don't subscribe individually. Can
you imagine the workload of putting every periodical represented in Infotrac
or Dow Jones or Lexis/Nexis in our OPAC--especially when the contents of
these databases change frequently?

Edith Crowe
San Jose State University