Lewis Mumford was one of the writers for "The City" (Pare Lorentz was the other
by Ralph Steiner and Willard Van Dyke, and released in 1939 for showing at the N
runs 43 minutes, and is in black and white.

There's a lot of info. on the web--try searching through Google [www.google.com]
"Willard Van Dyke" City >.  One good site is

http://xroads/virginia/edu/g/1930s/FILM/lorentz.city.html

The film *is* available on video.  A faculty member here used it last year.  I d
rented it or obtained it through interlibrary loan--I'll try to find out.

Ed Deegan
Univ. of Pa.
Fisher Fine Arts Library