To All Who Have Recently Eaten Well in the L.A. Area:

The local planning committee for the ARLIS/NA 2001 National Conference in Los
Angeles will compile a restaurant guide for the use of those attending the
conference.  We would like to solicit your suggestions for favorite
restaurants in L.A.--with a concise personal statement as to what is special
about the place, as well as an idea of the price range.  Although we will
focus on downtown L.A., especially the area surrounding the Wilshire Grand
(the conference hotel), which is between Wilshire and 7th and Figueroa and
Francisco (check out the hotel web site at <www.thewilshiregrand.com>), we
would also like to include special places in the broader L.A. area, as well
as surrounding areas, such as Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and Pasadena.  The
guide will be printed and included in the registration packet you receive at
the conference AND it will also appear on our conference web site early next
year!!

Besides having some opportunities to explore restaurants while on some of the
18 different tours being offered in L.A., we expect a good number of
registrants will rent cars and go adventuring around the L.A. area before or
after the conference.  We hope to include restaurants (all types--even really
memorable hot dog or taco stands) in the low, middle, and high price ranges
in all the major L.A. areas such explorers might find themselves.  Our
intention is NOT to duplicate the many existing restaurant guides available,
but instead to provide personal ARLIS member-to-member recommendations.

The editor of the guide is Susan Trauger, Librarian, Rifkind Center for
German Expressionist Studies, L.A. County Museum of Art.  Please do NOT reply
to this e-mail; send your suggestions directly to Susan.  E-Mail:
[log in to unmask]; phone: (323) 857-6165; or fax: (323) 857-4752.