Roberto's comments were posted right before I sent mine about Oxford Art
Journal.  I know about CAA's plans -- read about it in CAA Newsletter.  Also,
ART HISTORY (published in London by Association for Art History - england's
equivalent to USA's CAA), is online at institutions who subscribe to OCLC's
ECO (Electronic Collections Online).

I thought someone in ARLIS was seriously looking into the digital journal
situation.  Is it an official committee of some sort -- or was it jsut an
e-mail discussion that was dropped?  Ray Anne Lockard

"Roberto C. Ferrari" wrote:

> Over the past few months, there have been discussions about electronic
> journals for art, specifically the obvious lack of them.  For those of you
> whose institutions subscribe to JSTOR, it was announced that "The Art
> Bulletin" (College Art Association) is going to be the first art history
> journal in JSTOR, which provides digitized scanned copies of each page of
> the original print, plus a full search engine for all of the text.  If you
> wish to read more about this, check out the brief article on this in the
> September 2000 issue of CAA News, also available online:
> http://www.collegeart.org/caa/news/2000/bulletin.html.

> Roberto C. Ferrari
> Head of Access Services
> Arts & Humanities Librarian
> Wimberly Library
> Florida Atlantic University
> 777 Glades Rd., Boca Raton, FL 33431
> PHONE: 561-297-3575
> FAX: 561-338-3863
> EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
> WEB: http://www.fau.edu/library/people/rferrari.htm

Ray Anne Lockard, Head Librarian
Frick Fine Arts Library
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Voice:  412-648-2411
Fax:  412-648-7568
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands."
Ezra Pound