The only prison archivist that I know of is John W. Roberts.  He is author of
several essays, including: "Archival Theory: myth or banality," American
Archivist, 53 (Winter 1990): 110-120; and "Archival Theory: much ado about
shelving" AA, 1987 .  At that time he was archivist of the Federal Bureau of
Prisons, Washington, D.C. His name does not show up in the 2000-2001 Member
Directory of the Society of American Archivists but you might give SAA a call
and ask (312-922-0140). Or you might call the Federal Bureau of Prisons...

It also occurs to me that there is a defunct prison in north Philadelphia
that had an exhibit about 10 years ago. A calendar was published of its old
cells in photos.  The cells were the basis of some installation art.  Anyway,
I believe there were toilets in some of the photos. (Why do I remember
this???) Perhaps calling the AIA bookstore in Philadelphia could turn up a
publication.

Hope this random information is helpful. Best of luck with an interesting
question.

Meg Klinkow
Kenamore & Klinkow
700 N. East Ave.