Dear colleagues, most especially museum librarians:

Once again I call on your amazing abilities to help.  Through a third
party, I am working with the grandson of a famous Japanese cloisonne
artist, Yakasuki Namikawa (1845-1927).  He is sometimes referred to as
Namikawa Yakasuki.  He is not to be confused with an equally famous
Japanese cloisonne artist of approximately the same period, Sosuke Namikawa .

Yakasuki Namikawa is frequently  mentioned in the literature about
cloisonne.  His grandson knows that many Americans travelled to his
grandfather's studio in Japan and purchased pieces to take back to the US.
He suspects that many of these pieces ended up in American museum
collections, but he does not know *which* museums own cloisonne pieces by
his grandfather.  He is very interested in memorializing his grandfather
through more thorough documentation, and is asking for our help.  I have
searched my own library as thoroughly as I can.

For those of you with access to inventories of your institution's
collection, could you please check to see if your institution owns  any
cloisonne pieces by Yakasuki Namikawa (or Namikawa Yakasuki)?  Please
respond to me off the list if you find any pieces, and I will relay the
information to the grandson.

Thank you very much for your assistance with this.  It means a great deal
to the artist's family and I know they will be very, very grateful for any
searching you can do.

Susan Wyngaard, Head Librarian
Fine Arts Library
Ohio State University