        The New Jersey Historical Society had some very good luck auctioning
off part of their non-New-Jersey holding through Swann Galleries (telephone:
(212) 254-4710; fax: (212) 979-1017; website: www.swanngalleries.com).
        I have had less luck with local book dealers, but I would be
interested in learning more about other institutions' experiences.
        William A. Peniston, Librarian, The Newark Museum, 49 Washington
Street, P.O. Box 540, Newark, NJ 07101; telephone: (973) 596-6625; fax:
(973) 642-0459; email: [log in to unmask]