Dear ARLIS-L, In response to the thread about Art Net's new price structure, I thought the following might be of interest. At the Ryerson and Burnham Libraries, we were also surprised by the change in cost for Art Net. In order to evaluate the relative merits of Art Quest, Art Net and Art Fact, I decided to do a quick comparison. I compared results for sales of drawings by Giacomo Cavedone (a search I had done for a curator some months ago) in all three databases. My results were as follows: Art Fact: 8 results of which 3 appeared in neither of the other databases Art Net: 30 results of which 11 appeared in neither of the other databases Art Quest: 44 results of which 24 appeared in neither of the other databases These results confirm that, while auction indexes may appear to cover the same sales, they each contain substantial amounts of information that is unique. Also, ArtQuest is now available on the web at www.artauctionresults.com. Unfortunately, the web version is not as flexible as the old, dial-up version of the database, particularly when it comes to printing reports. I'd love to know what any of you who are considering changing your auction index subscriptions decide to do. Sincerely, Lauren Lauren Lessing, Reference Librarian Ryerson and Burnham Libraries The Art Institute of Chicago (312) 857-7651 fax (312) 443-0964 __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] Administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner at: [log in to unmask]