                From:  Sheldon Ku, Diane
                Sent:  Tuesday, October 24, 2000 8:38 AM
                To:  [log in to unmask]
                Subject:  Focus group invitation

                A librarian from UCSB suggested by that I post the following
message to this list to gain additional feedback. Please respond directly to
me. Thank you.

                Hello,

                I am the Marketing Manager for Bell & Howell Information and
Learning/ProQuest (formerly UMI), and we are currently working on an online
collection of "classic" magazines from our Periodical Archive microfilm
collection.  Initially this online resource will consist of the complete run
of over a dozen historically significant titles such as Harper's Magazine,
Vanity Fair and the like.
                We would like your help to ensure that this product meets
the needs of you and your patrons.  We would like to invite librarians on
this list to participate in a focus group at the Charleston Conference on
Thursday, November 3rd from 7:00am to 8:15am. We will provide breakfast and
then discuss your impressions of the content that could be included in this
type of product. Space will be limited to 10 participants.
                If you will be at the Charleston Conference next month, and
you are interested, please email me directly at
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .  We look forward to
hearing your feedback on this new project.
                Thanks,
                Diane

                Diane J. Sheldon-Ku
                Marketing Manager, UMI
                Bell & Howell Information and Learning
                Telephone:  1(800) 521- 0600 or 734-761-4700, ext. 3850
                Fax: 734-973-9145
                300 N. Zeeb Rd. Ann Arbor MI 48106