sorry if this has already been suggested, but here is an
interesting page:

Work in the Harmony Project builds on a number of evolving
metadata vocabulary and metadata mechanism
initiatives.  Links to some of these are included in the
following list.

http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/harmony/related_links.htm

-- jack

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:19:16 EDT "David L.
Austin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Margaret,
>         You should find something helpful on the Dublin Core home page
>
>         http://purl.oclc.org/dc/
>
> At 02:22 PM 10/13/2000 EDT, you wrote:
> >Our web-manager has asked for advice on a thesaurus to use for metadata
> >indexing for the museum's web-page.
> >
> >Does any-one have experience/advice they can offer?
> >

> >J. Margaret Shaw
> >Chief Librarian
> >National Gallery of Australia
> >Research Library
> >GPO Box 1150
> >Canberra  ACT  2601
> >
> >Telephone: 61-(0)2 6240 6532
> >Facsimile:  61-(0)2 6273 2155
> >E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
> >url:  http://www.nga.gov.au   [under Research]
> >
> >NOTICE - This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain information
> >that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended
> >recipient, please delete/destroy the e-mail and notify us immediately.

> David L. Austin
> Architecture and Art Librarian
> University of Illinois at Chicago

> Telephone 312-413-2965