Once again I turn to the font of wisdom, ARLIS-L...

My colleagues and I are looking for examples of access policies from
archives and special collections in libraries.  We've reviewed the web
sites of SAA, ACRL, etc., for guidance.  We also found policy statements on
institutional web sites, but these tend to be brief versions for "public
consumption."  I'm sure there are often more detailed policies on file
internally.  If anyone has policy that they care to share I would be very
grateful for copies.   We are interested in access in the broadest sense,
and the philosophy behind the decisions.  We are also grappling with
whether or not some portions of collections should be temporarily sealed,
and are interested in statements on ethics (such as those found on the NARA
& SAA web sites  --  but adapted to individual collections/institutions).

Thanks,
        Claire

Claire Eike
Director, The John M. Flaxman Library
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 South Wabash Avenue
Chicago, Illinois  60603-3103
312-629-9379 voice
312-899-1465 fax