We've installed the CD-ROM version of the "Census of Antique works of Art and Architecture Known in the Renaissance" on the hard drive of a brand new PC workstation equipped with the latest version of Windows. All search features seem to be working properly except display of images linked to data cards. We press the "f" key and the ALT/"f" keys and nothing ever materializes--including examples given in the instruction book. Our systems librarian hypothesizes that the images may need to be installed in a different directory, but can't determine what directory that should be from the manual provided by the publisher.

If anyone has been able to install the product so that users CAN display images, please contact me off the list. I'll be happy to summarize and post any advice I receive.

Also, has anyone been able to get anything other than a short-term temporary password (i.e. "key") for the WWW versions of the DYABOLA databases from Biering & Brinkmann? We'd much prefer to provide WWW access to these sources, but have received no responses to our many requests for a site "key."

Thank you.

Barbara

Barbara Polowy
Art Librarian, Hillyer Art Library