Mura,

As a starter can I suggest that your colleague look at the bibliography for the
lion in the Iconclass 2000 Browser. I have just looked there and it is
considerable -you are offered the lion in a variety of contexts from biblical
to mythological and the accompanying bibliography on each notation is up to
date. The Index of Christian Art can also offer you over thirty different
contexts for the lion with accompanying bibliography to match each subject
term. If there is anything in particular that interests your colleague please
let me know.

Colum