Please see the following announcement for a position in Athens.  I am
forwarding the announcement from an Art History faculty friend of mine.

"Dear Colleagues,

As many of you will have no doubt heard Nancy Winter has decided to leave us.
This is a serious loss to the School. The Director, I, and others have tried
to persuade Nancy to reconsider, but she has now submitted her resignation.
She will remain on until Christmas. She has served the School well and we wish
her the best.

It is necessary to begin the search for a head librarian. This is a very
important post and I ask you to think seriously of persons who should apply
and either to bring their names to the attention of Carol Lawton, Chair of the
Personnel Committee, or to bring the following ad to their attention, or both.

Thank you. Sincerely, Steve"

POSITION AVAILABLE

HEAD LIBRARIAN OF THE BLEGEN LIBRARY

The American School of Classical Studies at Athens invites applications and
nominations for the position of Head Librarian of the Blegen Library in
Athens. Applicants should have a degree in library science or equivalent
experience and an advanced degree or significant advanced work in one of the
disciplines of the Blegen's collection (classics, prehistoric and/or classical
archaeology, history of ancient art). (S)He should also be conversant with
current electronic applications in research libraries. The Head Librarian
supervises the staff of the library; provides leadership in building and
preserving collections to support the curriculum and research at the School;
provides guidance and instruction in the use of print and electronic materials
for philological, literary, historical, archaeological, and art historical
research; works closely with the School's Gennadius Library and Archives;
works with head librarians or
directors of related research libraries in Greece to develop and promote
collaborative efforts. The salary is competitive and commensurate with
experience; benefits include TIAA/CREF, group life insurance, health coverage,
housing allowance. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue
until the position is filled. Send a letter of application, a curriculum
vitae, and three letters of reference to C. Lawton, Chair, Committee on
Personnel, American School of Classical Studies at Athens, 6-8 Charlton
Street, Princeton, NJ 08540-5232. ASCSA is an EO/AA employer.