I don't remember the artists name.  I remember
these examples in my freshman Psychology
textbook, but that was 1984, and forgive me, I
don't have the citation at hand.  You might want
to look at psychology resources instead of art.

Marcia Adamy
Technical Services Librarian
Life University

--- Stan Shiebert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Can anyone refer me to any information about an
> artist who developed schizophrenia during his
> career. He was famous for painting cats.The
> patron thinks that his  last name was Hurley,
> the first name perhaps Alan or Allen. Any
> suggestions gratefully received.
> Stan Shiebert
> Fine and Performing Arts Dept.
> Seattle Public Library

=====
It's always Marcia! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!