Do any of you colleagues in Boston have any information on this society
that was founded by Ralph Adams Cram and Bertram Goodhue in 1897?  Please
reply to me directly.

In addition, I am trying to locate more information than I have on the
woodcarver (one of the early craftsmen who was in the Boston Society of
Arts and Crafts), Johannes Kirchmeyer (1860-1930).  He did the
woodcarvings in many of Cram's churches throughout the country.  Info on
him is hard to come by.  I have found some early journal citations on him,
but am interested in learning of any archives or other information that
may be available on him.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Ray Anne

PS -- In case anyone is wondering what I am up to....  I am the editor of
a book on the art and architecture of Calvary Episcopal Church in
Pittsburgh, one of three Cram churches in the city and one of many around
the country.  He is most noted for his chapel designed at Westpoint, his
work on St. John the Divine in NYC, St. Thomas Church on Fifth Avenue in
NYC, the Chapel at Princeton University, and his work at Washington
National Cathedral.

                                Ray Anne Lockard
                         Head, Frick Fine Arts Library
                           University Library System
                            University of Pittsburgh
                             Pittsburgh, PA  15260
                              Voice:  412-648-2410
                                Fax:  412-648-7568
                          E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

                A book should be a ball of light in one's hands.
                                   Ezra Pound