Worldwide Books is now a Division of The Kraus Organization and has had a
change of management. Brian Gold is no longer with the company. We are
still using them for direct orders of exhibition catalogs; their database
is great with its enviable web address (http://www.worldwide.com/). It's an
excellent source to search for bibliography on an artist, since they have
left in out-of-print/out-of -stock titles as well as available titles.  I
have found it useful for finding catalogs that a faculty member can
describe only cryptically.  While you can find new publications on the web,
they are somewhat delayed in sending out new title lists; April just
arrived.

Normally we have had excellent turn-around time with orders. This past
spring, while they were changing computer systems, that was not the case,
and it took ages to fill orders. Time will tell if the new Worldwide is as
speedy and wonderful as the old.

Carol S. Terry
Director of Library Services
Rhode Island School of Design