Hello Marilyn:
At the Art Institute of Seattle we teach commercial art/design. We use DAAI,
Design and applied arts index on CD-ROM. It's useful for finding illustrated
articles on graphic designers, photographers, etc. We buy many books that
come with companion CD-ROMs, but I don't think these are the types of ROMs
you're talking about. They get checked out along with their books. We also
buy sound effects ROMs, which can be used for multimedia projects.I am
currently investigating buying some licensed hi-res photo image ROMs from
stock photography agencies. I've not decided as yet if and how we'll
circulate these items.

Also, please clarify: you say that "there is a cluster of 8 CD-ROM dedicated
terminals in our
Reference Room..." Are these PCs accessing the same CD-ROM off some type of
ROM server, or are they 8 stand-alone PCs, in which patrons place 8
different CD-ROMs? I ask this techie question because I've not had a lot of
success with networking ROMs from different sources, so everything we use is
single user. Naturally, I'd like to change this situation. If I can't, I'll
keep favoring the internet as a delivery medium in the future. BTW, if any
other folks who reply to your post would specify whether they are offering
ROMs in a single user/multiuser/some combo environment that would be most
helpful.

Best wishes
Cathy Donaldson
Library director