Colleagues (especially in St. Louis):

I hope that someone in St. Louis (LA's program is already set) is thinking of
developing a panel (perhaps a plenary session) on the topic of
inter-institutional cooperation on automation.  Perhaps have someone from
IMLS on the panel as well.  Moira Steven's well-thought-out summary is a
model of what the audience for such a session would look for.  I don't
remember all the other responses there have been to the list, but I believe
that several of them represented different combinations of different types of
libraries in a most fascinating way.  This is a topic that could interest a
broad spectrum of the membership, even though most of our libraries are
already automated, because the politics of cooperation--and joint grant
proposing--could be applicable to other joint ventures.

Joan Benedetti