From: Raymond Smith <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: African American art books

> To the group:
>     I contacted Miss de Verges to let her know of my specialty in
African-American art, but have not yet received a reply.   To the membership
at large, I have compiled a catalogue of nearly three hundred out-of-print
books and exhibition catalogues specifically on African-American artists,
architects, craftsmen and photographers.  I believe this is the largest
selection of its kind available for resale.  As this is not a published
catalogue, I would be happy to provide a copy to any ARLIS members
interested in this subject, on request.  I have checked ABE and found that
approximately 80% of the titles are not available elsewhere.  I can either
E-Mail the list or send a printed copy (19 pages), if you supply your
address.

>     Sincerely
>     Raymond Smith
>     R.W. Smith Bookseller