From: Amy Marshall [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 1:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: deaccessioning policies

Greetings,

We have a researcher currently investigating art museum deaccessioning
policies and best practices.  She seems to have covered the basic published
literature on the subject, but I was wondering whether any ARLIS colleagues
would be able to furnish some guidance or examples of their institutions'
policies.  Any such thing you could forward to me off-list would be greatly
appreciated.  I don't know what the interest level out there is, but would
be happy to compile and post results if that were desired.  Many thanks!

Amy

Amy Marshall
Project Archivist
Library - Art Gallery of Ontario