Dear ARLIS friends,
It is with mixed emotions that I tell you of my retirement
from the University of Maryland Architecture Library and
from art/architecture librarianship.  I'll be starting on a
new adventure, a second career with a translation company
on September 1.  Just three blocks from my home!

Throughout my career, ARLIS has played a very important
role in my life both professionally and personally.  From
my days at the Albright-Knox and my first ARLIS Conference
in 1978, thru my years at the Baltimore Museum of Art, the
Philadelphia Museum of Art, and now as architecture
librarian at UM, ARLIS has provided advice, support and
friendship.  I can't imagine March coming around and not
having an ARLIS conference to attend!  I hope to stay in
touch with many of my ARLIS friends, and will definitely
see you all in Baltimore in 2003!

Who knows, I might not be able to stand the separation and
you'll find me knocking on one of your doors asking for a
job in a couple of years! In the meantime, cherish this
wonderful organization. I will miss you all!

With love,
Anita

Anita Carrico
Head, Architecture Library