Hi Miguel,

Do you think our members would be interested on what an art
librarian is doing in the way of Web pages?  I have put together
subject gateways for Art and Art Ed, created a Guide to the AMICO
Library that is on the Web, and a search guide to our slide library
catalog which is also Web based.  I will be happy to do this as long
as you feel the readership would be interested.  It could make a
useful article.

My fall is filled with many deadlines, but I think I could meet a
December 1 deadline.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Miranda Howard Haddock
Visual Resources Librarian
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, MI  49024
(616) 387-4113
fax: (616) 387-4114

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/08/00 12:48PM >>>
Dear Colleagues:

This is a DESPERATE call for articles for and/or column ideas for
the
ARLIS/NA Update Academic Library Division column.  Please send me
column
ideas, topics you want to share with us, news from your
institutions, recent
promotions, retirements, etc.  Your deadlines are exactly ten days
from the
date that the final column is due to Linda Zieper, ARLIS/NA Editor.
Surely,
you don't want me to write ALL the columns myself? :-1  Surely
Academic
Library Division members have important topics and/or issues to
share?  But
if I must...   :-)

Your deadlines are:
October 1st
December 1st
February 1st

Mine are:
October 10th
December 10th
February 10th

Please, please respond even to say that you're thinking of writing
a piece
for a future issue.  Thank you! :-)

Miguel Juarez, ARLIS/NA Update, Academic Library Division Column
Editor
Fine Arts & Photography Librarian
Fine Arts/Humanities Team, University of Arizona Library
E-mail: [log in to unmask]