I would like to learn about the collection and use of art materials in
CD-ROM format.  At the University of Georgia we have been putting
our energies into collecting the Internet format which has worked
very well for periodical indexes.  There are many titles, however,
that are not available in that format but are on CD-ROM.  So far the
librarians here have not been able to provide the equipment and
place to use CD-ROMs in the library except for Reference sources.
There is a cluster of 8 CD-ROM dedicated terminals in our
Reference Room for this purpose but is not large enough to  also
accomadate the use of full-text or image CD's.
I am trying to find out which CD's are being selected by other art
librarians and how are they used by your patrons.

Please respond to the list.  I hope we can get a discussion going on
this topic.  I would appreciate your input very much.

Marilyn R. Healey, Art Bibliographer
University of Georgia Libraries
Athens, Ga 30605