------------------
Dear Art Librarians - if you are developing an art library today would
you adjust (reduce) the total number of books required to meet ARLIS
standards based on the formula of basic collection plus so many for each
curatorial department just because we have access to the Internet now?
How will the new standards (are they being developed?) handle this? How
soon will they be ready? Will there be a tie-in with the American
Association of Museum accrediting standards?

If this topic is not of general interest, I would appreciate some
guidance from experienced colleagues off-list. Thank you. Christel

--
Christel L. McCanless (256) 536-3458 (phone/fax)