------------------
Dear colleagues

For our collection of collection catalogues I am working on a overview of
the museums in Berlin. Not just as they are today, but an overview from the
beginning (about 1828) : the K=F6nigliche Museen zu Berlin, probably in the
Berliner Schloss (destroyed in 1945) or even earlier: the Kurf=FCrstliche
Sammlung. What is, for instance, if any, the difference between the
Nationalgalerie and the K=F6nigliche Nationalgalerie.
From which year on they are : K=F6nigliche Museen or K=F6nigliche
Kunstsammlungen? Did they change their name into Preussische
Staatssammlungen in 1918? In what year did they change their name into the
Staatliche Museen etc.

Does anybody know of an published overview?

Many thanks =21=21=21

Gosem C. Dullaart
Library
Rijksbureau voor Kunsthistorische Documentatie/Netherlands Institute for Art
History (RKD)
Postbus 90418
2509 LK  Den Haag
The Netherlands
tel.: +31 (70) 3339714
fax: +31 (70) 3339789
e-mail: dullaart=40rkd.nl

Disclaimer:
The RKD Foundation is responsible neither for incorrect and/or incomplete
information of a sent e-mail nor for untimely reception. No rights can be
derived from an e-mail's contents. The RKD Foundation can not be held
responsible for any possible infection caused by viruses.