TO:  ARLIS colleagues
This is a partial resend of an announcement I made
last May regarding a CAA conference opportunity.
I have not received any suggestions or offers yet
and wanted to give a final deadline notice in case
there is interest out there that has not yet been
expressed.

For those ARLIS/NA members who are also members of our
affiliated society, the College Art Association, this
is an opportunity for participation in the 89th annual
College Art Association Conference to be held in Chicago,
February 28-March 3, 2001.

First, you may recall my prior overview of CAA's
procedure for selecting the 2-l/2 hour formal conference sessions.  There is a c
topics well in advance of the actual conference.  These
proposals are vetted by a conference committee (which gets
so many that only approximately half of the proposals get
authorized).  Then the authorized session chairs call for
proposals for presentations within their sessions, then
those are selected, etc., etc.

However, there is another kind of session that affiliated
societies can schedule for the annual CAA conference.
And our decision deadline for this option is July 21.

CAA sets aside certain 1-1/2 hour session periods for
"Special Sessions" and/or business meetings of its
affiliated societies.  ARLIS/NA, as an affiliated society,
may request such session(s).

We have, at no charge, the use of a room and basic set-up
(including two slide projectors and screens, and two
microphones).  We will be listed in the conference
preliminary program.  We are encouraged to submit session
statements and abstracts of papers to be included in
"Abstracts 2001"--the conference publication.

However, as I noted above, we must make a formal request
by July 21 if we intend to take advantage of this
invitation.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a special
session that would be of interest to both ARLIS/NA and
CAA attendees of the conference?  This is an on-going
opportunity, of course.  But there is no time like the
immediate present to act, if there is someting to act on.

Regards,
Linda Duychak
ARLIS/NA-CAA liaison