To:  ARLIS/NA colleagues

First, thanks to Peter and Ray Anne for their inspiring
calls to action regarding CAA participation!  This is
indeed the forum where art librarians and art/art history
practitioners, as well as museum professionals, can
exchange ideas.

I am starting to receive 2001 session suggestions--and
I hope there will be calls for participation to the
ARLIS list posted soon.  Remember that we have only
a very short time left to pull together a session
for next February.

However, while this topic is current, we can also
open discussion of possibilities for the 2002 CAA
Conference.  That session will be held February 20-24,
2002, in Philadelphia--the city we learned to love at
our recent ARLIS/NA conference.

There are two kinds of session possibilities for 2002--

For the regular 2-l/2 hour "juried" sessions, September 15
OF THIS YEAR is the deadline for proposals to the
CAA conference committee.  (Ray Anne, do I understand
correctly that this is the length session your co-sponsored
GLIRT/Queer Caucus proposal will be for?)

Our affiliated society special session (1-1/2 time slot)
is the other option.  We have until next summer to
request that.

Those interested should keep in mind that membership
in both CAA and ARLIS/NA is mandatory for participation.
CAA membership runs on a calendar year basis (1/1-12/31),
with enrollment for any given year accepted until June 30
of that year.  Individual dues, based on income, are
$70/$90/$100 per year.  The College Art Association
website has full information:  http://www.collegeart.org
There are other guidelines for speakers (e.g., one cannot
participate in the same capacity two years in a row).
See http://www.collegeart.org/caa/conference/2001/call3.html
for specifics.

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  If you
have ideas, let's discuss them on list.

Linda Duychak, ARLIS/NA-CAA liaison

Reference Librarian
Kohler Art Library