Moderator's question: List members, do you want to have book announcements
on the list or not?  I have been posting them, but have had a couple of
people complain.  If you have STRONG feelings one way or another, please
let me know at [log in to unmask]  If you don't care, you don't need
to tell me that.
Thanks,
Mary

BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

A new book entitled "Architecture of the Indian Desert" has just been
published.

Architecture of the Indian Desert/Kulbhushan and Minakshi Jain. Ahmedabad,
AADI Centre, 2000, 216 p., Col. Photographs, ISBN 81-90109-85-5. $50
(inclusive of registered airmail postage and packing)

Contents: 1. Introduction. 2. Generic form. 3. Urbanism in the desert. 4.
Characteristic features. 5. Architecture for water. 6. Embellishment. 7.
Summing up.

Detailed description including a snapshot of the book cover is available at

http://www.vedamsbooks.com/no17617.htm

For a comprehensive annotated catalogue of books on Architecture of India
please visit http://www.vedamsbooks.com/Architecture.htm

Best regards

Sincerely

achal madhavan