Colleagues,

I had an inquiry regarding the supposed cropping of the "Mona Lisa."
According to the student, her instructor told the class that the "Mona
Lisa" had been cropped on the sides.  Anyhow she gets extra credit  if
she can identify the cropper, the date of cropping, and what was
cropped.

This was via a telphone call, so it essentially amounted to the
librarian earning the extra credit for the research.  I looked
everywhere and could not find a reference to the cropping.

At this stage I am curious--for my own edification--as to whether this
indeed is true.  Does anybody have any leads???

Jim

--
James Lane
Fine Arts Librarian