I search the CHIN database and found out the following:
Leonard Watson (male), address as of 1962 is British Columbia
(you knew all this already, of course), but more....
Location of files on the artist:
Winnipeg Art Gallery library
National Gallery of Canada library
Montreal Museum of Fine Arts library

Hopes this helps a bit

Diana E.M. Cooper                 604-822-3943
Fine Arts Reference Librarian
Fine Arts Library
University of British Columbia
1956 Main Mall                        [log in to unmask]