As the new incoming Academic Library Division column editor for the ARLIS/NA
Update, I would like members to consider contributing articles and campus
information for inclusion.  I imagine pending the updating of the ARLIS/NA
site web pages, the most current web issue of ARLIS/NA Update will be up and
running shortly.

I would like Academic Library Division members to consider contributing
articles on one of the following topics and/or other topics you feel are
pertinent to our section.  Some ideas for articles include:

(1) bibliographic instruction and information literacy training for academic
librarians
(2) the development tools to document instruction, such as "teaching
portfolios"
(3) knowledge management structures and Metadata issues
(4) working and exploring the implementation of team environments
(5) copyright issues regarding digitization of materials
(6) different aspects of collection development
(8) evaluation of foreign vendors and most notably with European and Latin
American vendors
(7) collaborations with library administration or professional associations
(8) searching for images on the web
(9) the lack of images in online art journals
(10)presentation ideas for next year's IFLA conference and/or other
conference of interest to members
(11) celebrating ARLIS/NA's 30th year anniversary
(12) how our profession is changing and how we plan for that change?

I'm also including a "News from Member Institutions" section in the column,
as well as a "Moving Up, Moving On" portion (when possible) to report on
ARLIS members who are moving up or moving on to other positions.

I'm looking forward to working with Academic Section members on the column.
:-)

Miguel Juarez, Fine Arts & Photography Librarian
Fine Arts/Humanities Team
University of Arizona Library
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.library.arizona.edu/users/juarezm/vita.html