Dear Colleagues,

I would appreciate some thoughts in response to questions below from
those of you working in art or architecture branch libraries.
Please respond to me off the list, and I can summarize the results for
later posting.

1. What is the approximate size of your collection?
2. Where is your branch located? In the classroom building of your
subject? An Annex? On-campus or off?
3. How much subject area training do you have? How did you acquire this
training?
4. Are there examples of art or architecture on display in the branch?
Paintings or drawings hung on the wall, models on display?
5. Are these items permanent or do they change?
6. What control do you have over your facility? Could you paint walls or
furniture or  participate in changing the appearance of your facility?
7. What input do your  patrons have over the appearance of the facility?

8. Your opinion: Should an arts library reflect the visual orientation
of the patrons? Why or why not?
9. What level of support and understanding does the idea of providing a
visually stimulating environment have with your administrators?

Thanking you in advance,

Susan Booker
Fine and Applied Arts Librarian
University of Oklahoma