Dear colleagues,

A propos the recent exchanges concerning the removal from library
collections of a book alleged to have plagiarized another book.  Judith
Herschman is correct: there are several fundamental errors in Paul Metz's
email posting to colldv-l that prompted these exchanges.  Jonathan Cole is
Provost at Columbia, not Yale.  Kenneth Frampton is on the faculty at
Columbia, not Yale.  And the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and
Preservation with which Prof. Frampton is affiliated and which evidently
had some role in the publication of the book in question is at Columbia,
not Yale.

If a colleague can kindly share these corrections on archsec-l and aasl-l,
which I gather have also distributed Mr. Metz's initial posting, we'd be
grateful.  I believe Mr. Metz will shortly post his own correction to
colldv-l.

Max Marmor
Yale