Dear Colleagues:

I was asked to locate information on a woman artist who flourished in
1831-32. The artist's name is Mariann Tenton. Other
variations of her given name may be Marianne, Maria, or Marianna. Our
Special Collections Department received a gift of
her drawings of Florence and the Po Valley.

I have checked all standard reference sources and have not located
additional information. We would appreciate
if anyone whose library has in-house biographical and/or authority files
check their files for this artist. Please reply
directly to me at the email address listed below.

Many thanks in advance for your efforts.

Bonnie Reed
Fine Arts Librarian
Texas Tech University Libraries
Lubbock, TX 79409-0002