Michael:

I think that what you say about the artist losing rights to a work once it
has been sold or relinquished by the artist USED to be true, but I have good
reason to believe it is no longer true.  Before ART DOCUMENTATION would even
consider using illustrations for an article of mine published in the current
issue, Stephanie Sigala, one of the editors, insisted that I get permission,
in writing, signed by the ARTISTS, even though I own all the pieces
illustrated.  The main reason I used pieces from my own collection was to
avoid having to track down and get permission from another owner.  In any
case I would still have had to get permission from the artists, AS WELL AS
the owners.

Stephanie are you there?  Can you explain this more clearly?

Joan Benedetti