Dear Colleagues:

I just learned that the Queer Caucus of CAA already has plans to do a
Special Session on Activism Issues.  But, they are interested in doing a
joint session with ARLIS-GLIRT at the 2002 CAA conference in
Philadelphia.  So, let's begin planning our joint session for that
conference.  Interested people should please contact me right away so we
can write a very strong proposal that will be accepted.  CAA has tough
guidelines and if a proposal is not well-written it wil not be accepted!

Once again, the idea I am putting forth is for ARLIS/NA-GLIRT to do a
joint session with CAA's Queer Caucus (formerly the Gay and Lesbian
Caucus) on Gay and Lesbian Art Information with two art librarians and
two art historians addressing archives, visual resources for g/l art, a
researcher presenting results of a paper on g/l art or archtiectural
history that has used an archival collection, and a museum person
addressing the lack of g/l information in museum labels and in museum
catalogs when it is relevant.  CAA has never had this sort of session
before.  We have done several such sessions at ARLIS/NA conferences and
I think it is time to begin presenting these issues to the broader
audience of art/architectural historians and museum curators.

Ray Anne Lockard