Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear Colleagues: I would like to work on a proposal for a joint Special Session for the 2001 CAA conference in Chicago. If anyone is interested, please contact me immediately. GLIRT and CAA's Gay and Lesbian Caucus, now named the Queer Caucus have co-sponsored a CAA Special Sessionin the past (1995? It is listed on the GLIRT web site at ARLIS/NA web site.) I think it is time for another joint gay/lesbian effort at CAA. I am willing to put it together as soon as I have completed the final report for the ARLIS/NA Pittsburgh conference (nearly finished)! I would like to see a special session sponsored jointly by ARLIS/NA - GLIRT and the Queer Caucus, an Affiliated Society of CAA. My idea, still to be written, is to have two Queer Caucus members speak and two Art Librarians address access issues for information on gay/lesbian art and art history. This has not yet been done in a CAA session. I would like to have a speaker on using archives -- do gay/lesbian archives include information on artists? Do research archives include information on gays and lesbians or artists? If not, why not and what can be done about it? How is it hampering research efforts in the important field of "gay" art history? This speaker should be able to discuss the archives that ARE available for doing research around the world One speaker should address his/her own research and how it was aided or hampered by lack of archival information on artists and/or "gays." Another speaker, like Jim Saslow (CAA - Queer Caucus member), could address the history of the availability (or lack thereof) of queer art information and future developments. One speaker could address the history of Queer Cyberspace and why it is such a rich area to mine for information on gay/lesbian art and art history. Like I said above, interested persons should contact me immediately at the addresses and numbers listed below. Thanks! Ray Anne Lockard -- Ray Anne Lockard, Head Librarian Frick Fine Arts Library University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA 15260 Voice: 412-648-2411 Fax: 412-648-7568 E-mail: [log in to unmask] "A book should be a ball of light in one's hands." Ezra Pound __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] Administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner at: [log in to unmask]