I am writing in response to Ms. Cappelli's critique of my exhibition
announcement, which I posted to ARLIS-L for the information of colleagues.

Those who have read what I actually wrote in the announcement and followed
the link to the ArchNet website, which provides both information on the
exhibition and sample images from our Kosovo Cultural Heritage Survey
         http://archnet.org/calendar/item.tcl?calendar_id=2658
know that the accusation of one-sidedness is baseless.  When we conducted
our fieldwork in October 1999 for the Kosovo Cultural Heritage Survey,
we went to considerable effort and some risk to document all cultural and
religious heritage in Kosovo, including the heritage of all ethnic groups
(Albanians, Serbs, Turks, Gypsies and others) and religions (Muslim,
Orthodox Christian, Roman Catholic, Jewish) indigenous to the region.
We documented not only mosques, but also churches, monasteries, historic
civil architecture, museums, libraries, and archives.

Our field survey, which was the first attempt to conduct a systematic
post-war assessment of the state of cultural heritage in Kosovo, has
been followed by expert missions to Kosovo sponsored by IFLA, UNESCO, the
Council of Europe, and other international organizations. Their findings
have confirmed our own.

I recommend to your attention the latest such report, released this week
by IFLA ( http://www.faife.dk/faife/kosova/kosorepo.htm ) in particular
the section 3.5 "Allegations and responsibility of destructions" ...

Colleagues who are members of the ALA International Relations Round Table
can also check out my article in the current issue of International Leads.

Andras Riedlmayer
Fine Arts Library
Harvard University