The chapel in Palos Verdes is called the Wayfarer's Chapel, and it was
designed by Lloyd Wright (yes, FLW's son) in 1949.  WELL WORTH a visit --
it's a redwood and glass chapel with a stone altar and foundation and a
spectacular view of the PV peninsula, the Channel Islands and the Pacific
Ocean.

Needless to say, an entire month (or year, or lifetime) could be devoted to
the wonderful world of architecture in Los Angeles.  There are a couple of
handy little pocket guides out there -- one is called "Los Angeles: A Guide
to Recent Architecture", and another (my favorite) is called "Architecture +
Design L.A.", was compiled by Michael Webb, and costs $10.  It's like an AIA
guide compressed into 48 pages -- it covers all the big names and unearths a
lot of hidden treasures.

Regards,

Laura Tatum

Laura Tatum
Academic/Out of Print Merchandise Editor
barnes&noble.com
tel 212 414 6565
fax 212 414 6018
http://www.bn.com/subjects/academic/academic.asp