To:  ARLIS-L colleagues

With the recent flurry of ARLIS-L discussion on
children's books, I was reminded of a reference
query that recurs periodically from a UW faculty
member.

He is looking for any biographical information
available on Blanche Fisher Wright--the illustrator
of "The Real Mother Goose."

Does anyone with a good reference collection on
illustrators or children's books have any mention of
this artist, beyond lists of books credited to her?
If so, I would be delighted to know what you can find.

Linda Duychak
Reference, Kohler Art Library
Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison

P.S.  When I initially beat-the-bushes on this query,
I found traces of a defunct website that purported to
have biography on Ms. Wright.  This morning, when I
re-searched using google, I found a website (unrelated
to us) that also requests bio on the artist.  There seems
to be quite a bit of curiosity about this woman.  Sounds
like a publication or thesis opportunity to me!