Ray

The term you want I think is called 'lenticular printing'.or 'lenticular
images'.

Here are two recent articles on the use of this technique:

'Lynx poster'.  Creative Review  vol.19 (24 Oct.1999) p.10
A brief report on a lenticular Adshel poster devised by UK advertising
agency Bartle Bogle Hegarty for Lynx.  The illusion created by lenticular
printing makes it look as if the girl on poster is winking at the viewer.
_____

'Visionaire #2 movement'   I.D. vol.46, no.5 (Jul/Aug.1999) p.147
Discusses the design of the cover of issue 27 of the New York fashion
quarterly 'Visionaire' by designer Peter Saville.  The cover makes use of
lenticular imagery, a process often used in the production of novelty
postcards. Supermodel Kate Moss appears seated on a swing, but 16 different
images become visible as you move the magazine, thus creating the illusion
of movement.  The project was awarded a Design Distinction in the Packaging
section of the ID Annual Design Review 1999.

Hope this is of some use.

Chris Mees
design and applied arts index
E: [log in to unmask]
P.S. Thanks for a great time in Pittsburgh