Paul -- thanks for all your good work for the division. Souns like some
interesting topics.

Can you pass on a comment to Claire;  if the session will include video as
well as film, I think one of the panelists should address an issue that
seems to become more pressing--many video vendors are licensing--not selling
--their tapes and many put restriction on the tapes that are difficult for
libraries to aggree to.  I know from experience!

Thanks, Cristine C. Rom, Gund lIbrary Director, Cleveland Instiute of Art

Glassman wrote:

> Dear colleagues:
>
> Just a reminder that proposals for the 29th annual conference in Los
> Angeles are due Monday, May 1, 2000.  Proposals for poster sessions will
> also be accepted, and if you are not sure what a poster session is (as I
> wasn't), please consult the conference Web site for the call for program
> proposals, which includes program proposal guidelines & criteria and
> proposal forms both for printing or online submission:
>
> http://arlis2001.ucsd.edu/call.html
>
> For even more information, please consult
>
> http://arlis2001.ucsd.edu/index.html
>
> If you would like to request sponsorship by the Art & Design School
> Library Division, please transmit your proposal to me on or before
> Thursday, April 27, 2000.
>
> The following proposals have already been submitted to the division for
> sponsorship:
>
> Film Collection in Art Libraries (title to be revised)
> Moderator:  Claire Eike, Director, The John M. Flaxman Library, The
> School of the Art Institute of Chicago
>
> The Accreditation of Art Libraries:  Benefit or Burden?
> Moderators:  Paul Glassman, Director of the Library, New York School of
> Interior Design; Clayton Kirking, Director, Adam & Sophie Gimbel Design
> Library, Parsons School of Design; and Robert Craddick, Head Librarian,
> Pacific Northwest College of Art
>
> Workshop
> Practical Leadership for Librarians:  Negotiating for a Compelling
> Future
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Paul Glassman
>   Director of the Library
>   New York School of Interior Design
>   170 East 70th Street
>   New York, New York  10021
>   Telephone (212) 472-1500 x216
>   Facsimile (212) 472-8175
>   Electronic mail [log in to unmask]

Cristine C. Rom, Library Director
Gund Library, Cleveland Institute of Art
11141 East Blvd, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
(216) 421-7440;   (216) 421-7439 [fax]