In our Charles W. Moore Collection we have a whole range of children's
books, especially pop up or moveable books with architectural elements
(including stage design/sets), paper dolls, and the kits you have to cut up
and put together to create various buildings or settings.  But also stories
with illustrations of fantastic, real or phantasy environments.  We're not
done cataloging all of them yet but Vanessa Kam did a terrific job and made
major strides while she was here.

If you search our online catalog (UTCAT or UTNetCat avail. from
www.lib.utexas.edu) you can do a call number search under MOORE to get a
list of all the Charles W. Moore books that we've cataloged so far (not
just the children's books).  We've kept the books in the order Charles W.
Moore had them on his shelves (since they're staying in his house and the
shelves are specific sizes).  The Children's books are in the MOORE AF
section, mostly beginning with MOORE AF-2.  Try that as a call number
search to browse his shelves (yes, the occasional stray magazine or
diabetese diet book is mixed in with his children's books: the AF shelves
are under the window seat next to his bed, for easy access!).

I don't know whether this part of Charles Moore's collection will ever be
looked at by architecture students, but our staff has sure enjoyed
processing them!

Best,

Janine Henri

>UCLA Special Collections has anoutstanding collection of Children's
>Books, including pop-up books.
>
>Judy Herschman

Head Librarian
The Architecture and Planning Library