Greetings,

At my institution (Drexel) we are considering the possibility of moving our
current (unbound) journal collection from its own special room, up to where
all the bound journals are.  Our statistics show that
very few people have time to "browse" current journals now--our current
journals almost never move off the shelves--and having to send people to
two different
locations (the journal room AND the 3rd floor collection) when they need to
find articles is irritating to our users.  Not to mention the fact that we
could certainly put the current journal room to better use. Plus, having
all the journals on
one floor would make for "one stop shopping" for people looking for articles.

Have any of your libraries done this?  If so, I'd like to know what your
experience with it was like (positive or negative).

Please reply privately--I'll summarize for the list.

Thanks in advance!

Judy

Judy Donovan
Design Arts Librarian