The LC subject headings "shoes in art" and "foot in art" pulled
up some interesting titles in WorldCat, like:

   AUTHOR: Caovilla, Paola Buratto.
    TITLE: Shoes : objects of art and seduction
    PLACE: Milan : New York :
PUBLISHER: Skira Editore ; distributed in North
           America and Latin America by Abbeville Pub.,
     YEAR: 1998
     ISBN: 8881184702

   AUTHOR: Sulser, Wilhelm.
    TITLE: Old graphic art devoted to the shoe =
    PLACE: Schonenwerd [Switzerland] :
PUBLISHER: Bally Shoe Museum,
     YEAR: 1968

   AUTHOR: Northampton County Borough Council. Museums and Art Gallery.
    TITLE: Catalogue of shoe and shoemaker pictures and works of art
    PLACE: [Northampton] :
     YEAR: 1975
 PUB TYPE: Book
   FORMAT: [30] p. : ill. ; 25 cm.

   AUTHOR: Peery, Laura Lea.
    TITLE: Transformation of the familiar object :
           ceramic shoes as form and fantasy
     YEAR: 1978
    NOTES: Typescript.
           Thesis (M.F.A.)--George Washington University.
           Bibliography: leaves 57-58.

Also found this flashy website. It seems to be a marketing exercise
of some kind, so it's heavy on pictures, light on other info:
        http://www.centuryinshoes.com/home.html

Also a couple shoe musuems on the web:

The Bata Shoe Museum
http://www.batashoemuseum.ca/

Deutsches Ledermuseum/Schuhmuseum Offenbach
http://www.ledermuseum.de/

Such a fun topic! I couldn't resist poking around. -- Erika.

Erika Dowell                                    [log in to unmask]
Assistant to Branch Head                            (812) 855-4596
Indiana University Fine Arts Library            fax (812) 855-3443