OK, list members, I am not sure what to do with queries such as this. It seems to me to be outside the scope of ARLIS-L, but I would be interested in others' opinions. I set replies to come back to me as feedback. Hmmm. Mary ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear Sir, Does your mailing list accept questions by non-members concerning unusual or rare images? I would like to locate facsimiles of the 50 page Biblia pauperum, a blockbook published c 1460. Since the entire book was printed from woodblocks of the entire page, it might well be considered part of art history. Using my computer, or the computer in the local library, I can access the Library of Congress, and the college and university catalog accessible there. But this covers only a small part of the college and university catalogs. By the way, using this method I have found, to date, that there are three facsimiles out there. One in Copenhagen, one in Stockholm, and one for sale in Germany. The original is in the French National Library. If you list had a posting for unusual/rare items such as this, one posting would cover all the art libraries in the US at once. Quite frankly, I'm interested in finding out just how many of these facsimiles are available to the scholar. By accident, several years ago I picked up a fourth copy. I am considering publishing this, seemingly rare, facsimile. If I do publish, it will be on CD disk at a reasonable price. The last facsimile of the 40 page version published was list price at $99. I will publish at $10.00+handling because I want any scholar truly interested to have his own copy. Putting aside my personal concerns, there are many who are no longer affiliated with a university, and such questions as I have asked, put obstacles in the path of research. Thank you for your kindness in reading the note. Sincerely, Jim Mills __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] Administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner at: [log in to unmask]